12/20/09

55 Down, 20 to Go

I wanted to post an update on my crochet blanket. I'm really beginning to enjoy the act of crocheting. I can think deeply during my crochet time and not pay attention to my project, and still produce something. It's a double whammy!

I found something to be interesting as I ran out of my yarn last night. One pound of Caron yarn at 4 ply makes 55 squares at 4" each. I am going to write this information down on a note card and store it with my knit and crochet samples. Good information to use for future projects.















I have 20 squares to go in the rose color, before I begin the ruffle for the blanket. I am considering sewing the squares together before I complete my ruffle. Since this is the first blanket that I've crocheted, I don't know if my gage is off enough to matter for the ruffle pattern. I have a little bit of time to think about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment