5/5/10

Wild Lupine And Poppy

Happy May 5! Okay, I'd rather it be October 5 because that's my birthday. :)

Okay, if you've been keeping up with my blog here lately, I talked a little bit about the Karner Blue Butterfly (endangered species) and the host plant for the caterpillar – Wild Lupine. I really wanted Lupine this year so I planted some seeds. I don't know if it was “the” Lupine that the caterpillar prefers, but I was hoping.

After much hoping, I found some Wild Lupine behind our shed. I told my Sweetheart that I wanted to dig it out, but it's blocked off by boards and other “equipment” so it would take a little bit of work to get at. Ultimately, it doesn't matter if the seeds I planted would be a preference for the caterpillar because I have some wild stuff that is attainable.

So—cool. But here's more good news. TODAY I FOUND SOME MORE IN OUR FRONT YARD! Look at this!


And, it looks as though it's a home for a baby caterpillar by the look of the holes in the leaves. YAY! I'm going to transplant it because it's smack-dab in the middle of our yard. LOL BUT HOW COOL IS THAT!? I hope I get some photos of the little bug. :)

And here's a photo of a poppy bud – the mystery plant. Now, I think I planted orange, but I'll find out what shade of orange soon enough. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment