5/12/10

Mother's Day Craft

Yes! My Sweetie is going to the reservation for his annual fishing trip with his mom. He's taking a long weekend. I made an assortment of goodies yesterday for him to bring and I plan on making Portuguese Sweet Bread and Crab Noodle salad also.

The reason for the post today is to share the craft in this plant I am sending home with him. I have had an itch to do something small and cute. The project I completed fit the bill. I got the idea from a plant that I picked up at the grocery store. The plant in the store was in a coffee mug. The designer tied a bow on the handle and stuck a wooden stick into the soil. Trailing off of the stick is a butterfly on a wire. CUTE! {I bought my mom one for her birthday. :) }

So here is my rendition.



Here's a closer look at the detail.



I used a wooden craft stick (a dowel would be just as cute). I painted the dots with enamel paint. I drilled a hole into the stick in order to secure the wire. I used wire that I picked up in the beading section at the local craft shop. To shape the wire, I wrapped it around a wooden dowel. The lady bug ornament is a bead that I made out of polymer clay. I didn't have any butterflies, but now I have ideas! I wanted a bow on my gift too, but I didn't have a handle. The next best place was the stick!

I looked up the plant care directions in a houseplant book. I don't think she would need the directions at all, as she has a green thumb, but I thought it would give it a “finished” look. :)

So that's it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made the ladybug charm yourself? That is so cute!!

Laura

Post a Comment