6/30/10

Peeping on Summer Squash

Aaah! I am so excited! I am finally able to see the beginning of our summer squash. I couldn't believe my eyes. The flowers kept falling off and I was getting so discouraged. I did some research online and learned that squash plants have male and female flowers. Male flowers do not produce fruit (go figure!) and fall off. In this photo, you might be able to see the skinny stems with nothing at the top – the flowers had already fallen off. It looks like I have two squash growing side by side. YUM!





I read to harvest when the fruit is 3 to 4 inches long for the best flavors, so that's what I plan on doing.

The last photo is the full garden. I just wanted you to be able to see the difference of now and when I just planted it. It sure is rewarding to see the difference in growth! :) Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment