12/21/10

Clay, Clay and More Clay

Ooo... two more days until Christmas break! I'm very excited for this. I have been subbing in the school district recently. Because it's not my routine schedule, I'm a little tired. But I have good news - I was offered a permanent position in the AM! I'm so glad for this, as I have been applying for various part time jobs with no luck. My search stops here!

As busy as I am, I have made time to play in my sewing room. Although, I am not sewing. I made some snow people decorations for the tree from polymer clay. These people were not my idea; I think I saw them on an etsy shop. I'm glad that I made several because I was able to gift one to my Aunt-in-law with her card. I actually gave her this cute snowlady.



Here's the snowman.


I saw a tutorial on youtube to make Hello Kitty. All the kids at work have Hello Kitty all over their jackets and back-packs. When I saw the tutorial, I thought it was too cute to pass up. Yes, it's lumpy and crooked. I need more practice, but she's still adorable! I REALLY need practice painting whiskers. The tutorial showed black wire. I could have used the wire I had and then painted it with black enamel. I plan to do that next time. I suppose I'll be able to use these figures at work with the children I support. I plan to make some googly-eyed type monsters with goofy clothing that the boys might have interest in.



The Christmas holiday is just around the corner. I haven't had too much time for baking and I think it's a good thing this year. I do plan to bake some throughout the winter since I missed the "big bake" this year, however. 

Upcoming projects: Flying Geese table runner. "Flying Geese" is the name of a quilt block. I'm not going to appliqué geese to the runner. :) I'm getting my fabric ready next Monday, just in time for quilting on Saturday, January 1, 2011! I don't know if I will have much to blog about next Tuesday. I'm not sure how much time I will get in my sewing room. We'll see.

Until next time...

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Laura705 said...

Those are very cute! You work on such cute stuff. :) It's too late for me this year, but I like the idea of making something handcrafted to give as gifts, so maybe next year I'll give that a whirl.

Post a Comment