12/7/10

Art of Amiguruami

Well I can't believe it. Another week flew by! When I looked at my planner this morning, I gasped when I realized it was blog day. I thought "Ah, WHAT AM I GOING TO BLOG ABOUT?!" Then I realized that even though I haven't been sewing this past week, I have been crafting. Yup, I sat down with my mom and we started an amiguruami frog pattern. From the research I did, "amiguruami" is Japanese style of crocheting in the round. Geez, it's a lot of fun! You gotta try it.

This guy is made of 100% acrylic worsted weight yarn - the color is "olive", Vanna's Choice from Lion Brand. His legs are the same brand of yarn, and I think "fern" is the color. He's just an adorably goofy looking froggy. The style of his pupils is my creative edge to give him a Kermit The Frog look about it. I stuffed him with poly fill that the local craft shops carry.


I also finished up my winter hat. When I began, I found extra yarn that I had in my stash - there were no labels on the skeins. After I finished, I realized that it was left over yarn from my felted purse project. It's 100% wool. Do you know what that means? I need to hand wash it unless I want to felt it for a baby! :) The skein is soft to the touch, but it's itchy on the head. Next hat I make will either be a blend or 100% acrylic. (I love acrylic!)


When I went to quilting group on Saturday, I learned that my "Flying Geese" ruler doesn't make 2 ½ X 4 ½ blocks, (it makes 2 ¼ x 4 ½) which is the size I need for my table runner project. Needless to say, I didn't work on my quilt project. I'll have to cut strips manually and piece it together. I also need to work a little more on my art doll. I set her aside after I finished her skirt. Like I've mentioned before, I need to get new lace to be excited for the next step. :)


Until next week, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Laura705 said...

So much to report just after a week - so industrious! My big accomplishment was buying some extra bobbins for my sewing machine, LOL.

Love that froggie - he does look like Kermit! Cute! Thanks for the link for hopefully some easy project ideas. I also still have a bookmark for some small crocheted Christmas ornaments that (I think) you gave me last year. They would be cute for gift tags.

I love that hat - so pretty. Too bad it's wool - certainly can be itchy. Can you possibly crochet or sew some sort of lining for it? Maybe not - the open stitchwork is so pretty, I'm sure you'd hate to take away from that...

Enjoy your next week of crafting. :)

Post a Comment