2/18/09

Cards and beads, cards and beads...

Okay, Good day! It feels so great to be back in the saddle again (good song). :)
I have been working on finishing off projects that I have started as well as accomplishing little new designs for earrings.

First off, my "Girl, you have ... Style" card. I adore it. I got this theme in the clear stamps at Michael's for $1. Spectacular. Since I sew, I fell in love with the dress form and could not pass it up. And, I don't wear high heels EVER, but I just love the hip artsy look. I'd like to make a necklace using a heel as a pendant. One day, perhaps sooner than expected. :)














Now the beading! I love the loom. It's a different type of beading. At this point, my designs aren't very intricate but they will get there. Practice and desire makes perfect. Ed thought my flower was a kitty and the heart an arrow. ...he's got bow hunting on the brain! Haha...























Here are three pairs of earrings that I designed. The first pair are okay. I needed the color to go with something I was wearing. The copper pair: I made all of the findings you see with the steel plate and hammer technique. I definitely loved doing it, but I need a jewelers block badly. I like altering the state of the wire. (...I can picture the molecules moving under the force of my hammer with each steel tap and smash. Mmm, the thrills of physics!)

The gold necklace was me practicing my flower chain and finishing with double cup clams. I need all the practice I can get. I haven't taken any beading classes to learn what I know. I just talk to people and read books. So far, I think I get it. I'll just keep it up.

The teal bracelet: that was a loom project. I was experimenting with loopy-loops but I am not too thrilled about the turn out. I guess I was hoping for something a little more lacey. No biggy though, I have another technique in mind that might give me the results I'm looking for. ;D That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment