1/2/10

Dog Boots

Well, I've wanted to make our doggy, Lancelot, booties for quite some time. I actually wanted to be finished with them before it got below zero, but it didn't happen. This morning it was -20° so I was very motivated. I couldn't think of sending our little dog out into subzero temps. It's -6° as I write this.  Anyways, time to move forward. This is where I got the pattern and "how to".

This is the pattern and my pieces. I wrote notes directly on the pattern in case I lost a boot or a two.  I have extra fabric for that too.




And the second photo is the finished boot. I didn't turn the seam to the inside because I didn't want to chance the seam bothering the dog. I did trim the seam allowance closer to the seam, however.


So after all of my labor, I decided to stick the booties on. They fit nicely, but the elastic seemed too large on his back paws. I'll have to shorten the elastic. Lancy was ready to go outside at the same time my husband came home. When he opened the door, Lance took off and rear booties flew off. LOL... I just rolled my eyes and then shrugged my shoulders. The others came off also. Hahaha... Guess I have some problem solving to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment