3/10/10

A Fiona Photo Shoot

I recently read in a photography book to take photos of subjects you like. Well I like my cat, ALOT! I take photos of her all of the time. As a matter of fact, I switched from Windows to Linux and in the process I lost over 5 gigs of photos. A TON of them were of Fiona, of course.

I decided since then to post the photos I think turned out really well, so I don't lose them again. So with that, In the photo above, Fiona looks like she is really TRULY posing! I loved it. In truth, she was laying on a heating pad and at her most content state. Haha...


Since I've learned about aperture, I am trying to take a photo to appear the way I see a result in my mind's-eye. Seeing how the fur grows on Fiona's nose amazes me so I wanted the focus on that. I wanted the rest of her face to blur out. I love the science that the macro captures.

She was wonderful to sit as long as she did. I'm pretty happy with the results of this photo shoot. :)

I have an account at photoblog.com, but I am limited to posting only 5 photos as a time and only once per day. I have more freedom to upload as many as I want here. Thanks Blogspot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos! You're very talented, and you had a very nice subject!

Laura

tawnya said...

Laura, you're awesome. Always saying nice things - definitely staying in touch with you! Hahaha...

I hope to get better in photography. I just keep researching and reading about "what makes a good photo".

Post a Comment