7/16/10

Sewing Up a Bra!

Well, I had to start a new project. I put the Flower Guy in the storage closet. I minimized him so much on the new drawing that I couldn't get the detail to his face in, and it just didn't look the same. But I've had an itch to sew for quite some time, so I started a new project: a brassiere.

My fabric is a pretty rose pattern on lightweight cotton. I don't know what I was really looking for to begin with, but then I saw the roses on the light blue background and decided to go with it! My pattern is Kwik Sew 2489. Kwik Sew is a pattern company located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Kerstin Martensson is the designer. Kerstin also has a book out on making lingerie that I am interested in. A copy awaits on my half.com wish list. :)

I was intimidated the first time I attempted making a bra. It just sounds intimidating, doesn't it? Well I learned there is almost nothing to making a bra! And this time around, I'm going to apply some cute lace to it—if I have it. LOL. It's quite a lot cheaper to make your own bra then to buy a cheapy at Target. I use Sew Sassy Fabrics for supplies. The link is also on the side bar for my own easy access. :) They ship FAST! I encourage everyone to choose a pattern that they like and GO FOR IT!

 Now this is a photo to show how much I did yesterday with the rest of the supplies to finish it. I plan on finishing it on Saturday (along with beginning my new weight training program!) and then hopping online to display a photo (not modeling it though, sorry! LOL).



I'm pretty satisfied with my stitching, although no one is going to see it, I still want to have nice quality. :) The topstitching on the cups are my favorite. I had the idea to sew the stitching in another color after I did it, so that will be the next bra! Wish me luck on finding the perfect lace for this rose pattern!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty :) NO! Don't put flower guy away forever, just for a little while.

Post a Comment