7/18/10

Tawnya Goes Bug Bonkers (and sews a little more)

Aaaaaaargh! I HATE bugs! Just look at our garden! Sigh. When I see all of those bites taken from the leaves of our food plants, I don't even want to eat food from plants that are NEXT to these in the garden. I gave up on the broccoli and cabbage a few days ago, but my sweetheart decided to “beat the bugs” and told me to go pick up some poison. I picked up some Bug B Gone by Ortho, but we wanted to try this new sprayer tool out that he picked up so we're going back today to see if we can find a liquid mix. In this photo, our broccoli plants are being destroyed. Our cabbage plants are far behind!


Here is a photo of one of the nasty villains too: Cabbage White butterfly. Yes, it's in the category of a butterfly but it looks like a moth to me. I'm not helping it out of the net. (Evil grin)


Meanwhile, I'm very pleased with how the summer squash is growing. I'm sick of the ants that crawl all over, but maybe we can dispose of them with the poison we put on the plants.


I wanted to share how large my marigolds have grown also. They are as big as our lettuce! Crazy! I didn't know that Marigolds grew so large. The package of seeds said they are miniature, and I "assumed" that meant the whole plant. LOL.


I have been very busy working more but I still keep trying to stay sane with my hobbies. When I had an itch to sew and began my new rose bra, I didn't know it would snowball. I made some ladies boxer shorts to match! Again, the pattern I used was Kwik Sew 2489. Shorts are SEW EASY! Everyone should make a pair. I plan on making flannel boxers too! Cute cute cute. They'll keep my bum super warm on cold nights. :P (Okay, I didn't need to make that stupid remark, but I'm "free associating" here. Just going with what's on my mind.)

I ordered some more supplies from Sew Sassy Fabrics to complete the bra. I paid $8.99 for ground shipping. I think the location it's coming from is Alabama, but I'll have to double check that. I'm in Minnesota (in case you're new to my blog). I'd much rather spend my $8.99 to the supplier! (just in case someone who works there reads this) but I am just as happy to pay the fee because I don't have a local supplier. WHAT!? Yeah, I live in the Twin Cities and NO BRA MAKING SUPPLIERS! Sigh. *Lightbulb* "Maybe I should open a bra/corset making supply store!" (It'll never happen; I just have great ideas.)


I impressed myself with matching my crotch seams perfectly! This practice is paying off. I can see my skills strengthening. :) It's fun!


In order to distinguish front from back, I used an iron-on tag. This is a brilliant idea. They wash well and don't scratch the skin.


Well, I hope you've enjoyed this crazy episode of "Tawnya Goes Bonkers (and sews a little more)". :) Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment