7/27/10

Veggies & Tote!

My eyes hurt – I must be at the computer too long. But I can't help it today. I have veggies to share! :) This photo is of our first “harvest”.




We've been eating lettuce and random squash but nothing has grown this plentiful – a plate full. I'm thinking about finding a squash soup recipe because one of our squash is GIGANTIC.

Two Saturdays ago, we sprayed Ferti.lome on our plants because of the invasive caterpillars. I thought I got all of the squash that were eatable size, but I guess I missed one and it just kept on growing. Wow! I wouldn't have been able to put this garden off alone. I was growing discouraged to the point of having no energy to take care of the issues.

I guess if a person wants to have a vegetable garden, they gotta spray for bugs. I just wash the veggies off with soap and lukewarm water to get any remaining chemicals off, if any. It's rained since we sprayed, but I wanted to be safe. :)

On the sewing front: I've been working on another creative project. A tote! This tote is nothing like my other totes though. I'm using reverse appliqué for the design. This is where I got the idea.

Here's my design.



I'll take photos of my fabric choices and how far I've come on the project later. I tried getting my colors true to form, but GIMP wasn't helping me today – or I wasn't choosing the right options. :P More to come later!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your design, looking forward to seeing the fabric.

Oh, and the veggies look yummy!

Laura

Unknown said...

Oo. I like. And yay veggies! I want a garden, but I end to kill plants. Plus having an apt n the 3rd floor makes it hard. Haha.

Post a Comment