1/24/11

Pee Pee Teepee

Hey I made it back here before my week was up! I'm doing great. :) The reason why I am blogging on a Monday instead of Tuesday is this: I am subbing so much lately that Tuesdays usually end up being my 10.5 hour day. I was called last minute to sub today, but I had to turn it down. I NEED to get some stuff done around the house and, of course, my BLOG!

So last week was a crazy week for me, but I did manage to get a little sewing in this weekend. One of my new friends at my monthly sewing club brought in a project she made to class: Pee Pee Teepees to put on the wee one when he's getting changed! LOL They were too cute! When I got online to search for the pattern I came across a couple sites that demonstrated them with a ribbon and thought it was a good idea. The ribbon will serve as a nice handle to avoid touching the soaked teepee.

I made two different ones. I made one backwards, as the flannel is on the outside, but it'll still do the job. One could turn it inside out if they wanted to badly enough. I'm looking forward to getting some infant themed fabric to make some more. I plan on listing these at the WizardGir1 shop.


Moving on... Today after work, I had realized that I didn't have my cell phone. I noticed this when I was pulling out of the bank. I pulled over and looked under my car seats and rechecked my purse. I drove all the way back to work and still didn't find it. When I was leaving the school building, I stopped in to talk with the secretary and let her know that if someone should find it and drop it off that it was mine. Well, she pointed to her counter and there it was! Geez, I was relieved. I don't remember ever "losing" my phone like that.

After I got my phone I made a stop at the fabric and craft store! I picked out my lace for the art doll I am making. I think it's going to look beautiful. And I'm so excited because I purchased some new tools to work with my clay. I'll be trying them out this week and, of course, I'll post my little creations!

I've decided that because I have so many hobbies, I'll have to rotate them on a weekly schedule so I can stay fresh in them. For example, this week is clay (soon to expand into metal clay). Then it will be sewing, then crochet, then jewelry making, etc. I love learning about all of these and this is my lastest idea to help keep me sane AND productive. :) So next week I should have an entry on my clay creations. If I get more done, great. If not, at least I'm being productive. OH! I almost forgot to mention that I cut some triangles for the "Flying Geese" table runner I'm working on too this past weekend. It's slow going, but that's because I'm frustrated with the pattern instructions. Ick. I already have a new table runner pattern chosen for my next one.

Okay, if my plan works out nicely, my next post will be next Monday and all about my clay crafting. With each passing day, my life becomes a little more organized and I can breathe a little deeper. :)

Until Next Monday, "easy does it." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment