1/31/11

Polyclay Creations, Beaded Earrings, More Pee Pee Tee-pees

Oh, happy February to everyone! Yes, I am a day early but that's okay. Could it possibly mean that I am on top of things lately? Of course it's thanks to the new planner I purchased on October 25th, 2010. How do I know the exact date? My planner says "Buy Planner" on that date. I just wanted to write something in, so that was it. :)

Well, I said that I would have clay creations to share this week, but I didn't have time to complete the projects (maybe I'm not so "on top of it!"). I've varnished both sides of these pendants and earrings, but I have to hang them up in order to varnish the sides. Here's what I have so far.  These pieces will be strung with beads or wire.

This next one is mine. :D I'm not selling it... It's very pretty with the cherry tree embossing and the platinum metallic powder to enhance it. I will make several more in different shapes and then sell those.

This black pendant and earrings emboss pattern remind me of snake or turtle skin. I used a pretty piece of lace for the embossing and these are the results. It turned out wonderfully.

Here are some fun copper earrings that I made with the Wigjig. I really enjoy working with wire as a medium and plan to further my education and skill. I made each component of these earrings - aside from the beads.

Sun shaped chandelier earrings with Swarovski crystals.

Pale Pink crystal earrings.

I even made time to crochet this past week! Here is a Primrose pot holder. It's slightly different from the dishcloth: this has 5 petals and the dishcloth has 6.

Of course I wanted to make more of these little baby-changing helpers too. They fold nicely for a drawer or could hang near the baby changing station.

More pee pee tee-pees in a different theme - teddies.

This is a project that I am not going to sell, but will if I it is requested. I work with children who have special needs. Many of them are drawn to certain fabrics or objects that create a specific sensation in their hand or against their cheek. I made this textile sampler so different fabrics could be removed easily with a snap.  

Last of all, a charming, soft, blue baby afghan! I did not make this one. My mom crocheted this and it's for sale here. I've always admired her shell pattern stitches - they are PERFECT! This afghan has a double ruffle and finished with a blue ribbon. The acrylic yarn is spongy soft and welcomes a sleeping, snuggly baby.

I am going to try hard to stay on my craft rotating schedule in order to keep up with the latest techniques in each hobby area. Last week was polymer clay and this week is sewing. I actually pulled my art doll out and worked a little more on her. I finally purchased some lace! She has so much detail to work out and after adding a detail, I come up with another idea. ...I'm NOT complaining!

I've invited my ma over for another craft day, which I think I will be sewing either my Flying Geese table runner, or my gorgeous art doll. (I really hope I'll be able to part with her when I'm finished. The intent was to sell her, but I'm falling in love!) More photos next week!

Until next Monday, have a nice and relaxing week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The earrings are beautiful! Keep it up lady! :)

tawnya said...

Thanks Maryann! :) You're already a pro at crochet: YOU should try beading. You might like it. :) ...if not, what's your next crochet project, if any?

Laura705 said...

I like those copper earrings. :) Ummm -will the copper oxidize and turn green? Do you know how to avoid that?

tawnya said...

Laura, oxidation will happen with copper unless a person coats it with polyethylene. I use polyethylene on my polymer clay, but not my wire. You can always clean the copper too, but a lot of women like the antiqued look right now. There's actually a process called "forcing" that's hot right now in jewelry making. Basically, the copper is dipped in a solution that chemically changes the surface to speed the aging process up. It's all preference and sounds like you'd prefer a coating of poly. :)

Post a Comment