3/7/11

Pillowcase Cuties!

Hello. To those of you who've been looking for me, I'm finally here! I've decided to implement a new routine. A fitness routine. After my AM shift. It will leave less time for crafting on the days I do not sub, but, such is life. My health and fitness is just as important, if not more.

Last week, I subbed only once, but I had meetings to attend on other days, so that ate up craft time also. Good thing I had a quilting group to go to on Saturday. I was determined to get something finished, no matter how small. I learned how to make pillow cases! Some of the gals at the group told me what to do step-by-step (thanks Sue and Mary!). They are quite easy to make and the technique I used to apply the band hides all seams. It's so neat. I can't wait to make more. (Oh my gosh, now after I said that I realize a photo of the inside would have been neat to post. Normally I would take a snapshot "now" but I'm having issues with my card reader. Sorry. I'll make a note of it to put it on next week.) My first photo is the pillowcase I sewed at the group. It's for Lancelot, our Corgi. Well, Lance's doggy bed.


Here's a close up of the fabrics. They don't match quite perfectly, but I liked the large print with the small print. The case is going to be on the floor and under the dog so I wasn't concerned with how fashionable it was. :)


Here's the pillowcase I made at home on Sunday after church. I sewed a welt in this one. Again, the colors don't match the best because it's for the other doggy, Chubahka.


Here's a close up of the fabric choices. The welt is the lavender strip.


Moving beyond this... I've almost completed my colorful scarf. As soon as I get off the computer (and some other small daily living tasks), I plan to finish it. I have a few stitches left. Then I'd like to model it for the blog, though I'm not the biggest "ham". I'll post that next week also.

I should get this posted. I'm fading quickly after my workout. I usually need a little rest in the midday anyway. I hope everyone has a great week!

See you next Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment