4/3/11

Beginning Butterfly Trail

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm so sorry that I missed my usual Monday entry, but busy-ness took over. I'm still trying to get my gym visits into routine so I can manage to get all my tasks done during my allotted week. I subbed again last week so my health took priority over my crafting. It turned out all right because I had quilting group on Saturday. I was able to get some cutting and sewing in. Well, I got some cutting in at the group and then I came home to sew a little.

I picked up a new pattern for a table runner since I didn't do well with the Simplicity pattern. This Piece Tree pattern looked easy enough and I consider myself a beginner when it comes to quilting. It is such an art! One of the gals at my group, Mary, was hand quilting. I liked it a lot. Quilters are so creative! The actual stitching reminded me of the embroidery work that I've done. The embroidery work is very satisfying, so I'm considering hand quilting one of my quilts - probably not my king size (Haha) - maybe on this table runner.

Okay, so moving on. Here is the Piece Tree pattern for my new table runner. It looks pretty basic and interesting. With the choice of fabrics, it could be marvelous!


These are my cuts. This is all that is required to put the table runner top together. The backing and batting isn't pictured so I'll need those too. I think I'll use the black for the backing since the black strips are my border.


I'll sew some more of the blocks together today. I should be able to blog again on Tuesday so you can see my blocks. (I go to the gym Tuesday evenings, so I have a time slot open between shifts.)

This next photo is of me wearing my scarf. It was 50° yesterday so I didn't need a jacket, but the scarf was nice in the AM. Sorry it's blurry, I didn't want to go into a big photo shoot with my mom during quilting. Sort of a slouch too - I'll work on that next time! :)


Well, the table runner project is off and running. This one will be finished before I start another. Actually, I think my next project is going to be to finish my king size quilt. I'll close with that. I'd like to get started on my day so I can get some seams in. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll see you next week!

2 comments:

Laura705 said...

Enjoy working on the runner- I like the name. :). Scarf is cute, and so are the new glasses.

tawnya said...

I really liked the name of the table runner block too, but it's not a name I chose, of course! Some block names don't seem to fit the design of the block, where others are clever.

Thanks for the compliments. :) You have such a good memory - something for me to aspire to. :)

Post a Comment