2/7/11

Art Doll and Bikini Bag

Hi. :)

So I left last week's entry talking about my art doll. I've finished her apron and part of her sleeves. She is turning out so beautiful! I purchased a small strip of decorative trim that I might put around her wrist or neck - I haven't decided yet. The trim is really cool colors: gold, blue, & pink. I also need to find an arm band for her lace sleeves. I might try and be creative - make something on the Elna serger, if I can round up some time. :) Aren't the bows on her arms too cute! Before I started this doll, I didn't understand why it would be considered an "art doll". I now understand. Each piece is so important to the overall design. A lot of time goes into making decisions as well as the construction. Goodness, just wait until I paint her face!


During sewing club, we learned how to make this cute little "bikini bag". (It's a dumb name.) Our instructor pulled the directions off of the Janome website, if anyone is interested. This item was made for my friend, so it won't be at the WizardGir1 shop. I made one similar, however. I need to put the drawstring on it yet. I used brocade and a cotton fabric that has a woven design in it - much like a table cloth. The patterns complimented each other well, so I went with it. That bag will be listed at the shop.


I had a little more time to sew last night (while my Sweetie watched the game). The item I made needs some top-stitching before it's revealed. It's adorable though!

This week is my crochet week, but to say the truth, I'm not really into it - yet. I've hit a point where I just want to be at home and make things. I don't want to have to shop for items to finish projects. I need to purchase some items for the crochet projects on my current list. But, by using my creative problem solving skills, I'll come up with a clever project. ;) ...if there is nothing crocheted, I'll have my other sewing project ready to share!

With that said, I'll be back next Monday. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment