2/21/11

Migrating Eagles, Scarf Update, Wire Hoop Earrings

Happy Week! :)

Edward and I took a drive down south this weekend to see if the eagles were migrating yet. There were several eagles soaring but not many perched.

For this shot, my lens was racked out and I still didn't get a clear image. You can tell it's an eagle though. The weather was beautiful - sunshine and no wind. We plan on going down again in a couple weeks. It's so neat to see them perched along the river ice to fish.


Weather now? Minnesota is getting a ton of snow - I suppose over a foot by now. Snow plows have knocked down garbage and recycle cans all down the block. I've only gone out once today and that was to take back my Redbox movie. :) I think it's great for skiers and snowmobiles. Moving on to jewelry...

It was my jewelry week, but I didn't make any. The original plan was to make girls jewelry, but I didn't get around to it. I had a 40 hour week so that took up most time. The next two photos are of some earrings that I made a few weeks ago. These are an antiqued gold pair - faceted crystal for the focal bead.


I used the wire jig for these next earrings - I love using wire more each time I work with it. I like hoop earrings too. There are more complex designs out there, but I wanted to start simple and work my way up.


Since I was busy with work, only a few nights this week was spent working on my colorful scarf. I hope to get it done soon enough to wear it before the season is over. I actually was going to sit down and start stitching and then I remembered that I should update my hobby blog. So here it is!


This week is a sewing week, according to my hobby schedule. I feel like starting a dress to wear this spring, but I've gained 8 pounds. I feel a little discouraged because of that. Maybe I won't feel so pretty in it. Maybe that's a good reason to make a new dress! I'll have to see. I'm just gonna go with my inspiration - no matter what hobby I work on. :)

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Laura705 said...

You're in MN, I'm sure you'll finish the scarf before it gets too warm! :D

Maybe making the spring dress will also motivate you for weight loss...

Have a great week Tawnya!!

Post a Comment